Uptown Lexington, Inc.
Office Assistant Job Description
Skills Needed: He/she must be well-organized and detail-oriented individual to manage the details of the office and regular communication for Uptown Lexington, Inc. He/She should have the ability to manage multiple tasks. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
General Office / Administrative Responsibilities
- Regularly picking up and delivering mail to City Hall.
- Ordering and stocking supplies, keeping all equipment in working order, and making necessary appointments for repair work as needed.
- Filing and other tasks necessary to keep office organized.
- Light office cleaning weekly
Record Keeping Responsibilities
- Writing minutes of the Board of Directors meeting and Executive Committee Meeting.
- Keeping all records updated, including minutes and organizational paperwork as required of a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization.
- Invoicing for special events, sponsorships, and contributions, making necessary deposits, record keeping of these financials, and acknowledgements such as receipts, thank you notes or other forms of correspondence.
- Create check requests for invoices/ make deposits for incoming revenue.
- Keep record and make weekly collections, deposits, and accounting for merchandise sales.
- Maintaining and updating all databases on an as needed basis.
- Prepare monthly e-mail to send to uptown businesses, property owners, and Friends.
- Prepare monthly e-mail to uptown businesses, property owners, and committee members.
- Update database pages on www.uptownlexington.com website.
- Develop and distribute monthly meeting calendar. Call or e-mail reminders to board & committee members prior to meetings.
- Keep Uptown Lexington brochures well stocked in area businesses.
- Assist with distribution of press releases and other marketing materials to the media as directed by the Executive Director.
- Greet visitors that walk into ULI office/first point of contact for answering phones.
- Coordinate monthly merchant breakfast.
Special Event Planning
- Contact event participants and vendors
- Deliver or pick up items to uptown businesses as needed.
- Provide support when directed to other events in uptown Lexington
- Coordination of events, booking vendors
- Preparation of posters/fliers/other materials
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director as requested.
- Present a positive image of Uptown Lexington, Inc. and uptown Lexington
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- associate’s degree
- office and clerical experience
- self-starter, highly motivated
Submit a cover letter and resume to
Rebekah, Executive Director
Uptown Lexington, Inc.
Please no phone calls
Pay Range $12-$13.50
35 Hrs a week 8-4 p.m with hour lunch
Benefits: PTO, benefits